Thank you for visiting the SaxendaCare® program (“Website”). This Website is provided by Novo Nordisk Canada Inc., an affiliate of Novo Nordisk A/S (collectively “Novo Nordisk”) and is intended only for Canadian patients who have been prescribed Saxenda® .
Thank you for visiting the SaxendaCare® program on www.SaxendaCare.ca and/or the Application (collectively referred to as the “website”). This Website is provided by Novo Nordisk Canada Inc., an affiliate of Novo Nordisk A/S (collectively “Novo Nordisk”) and is intended only for Canadian patients who have been prescribed Saxenda®.
Information collected through our website
Personal data collected at registration
Novo Nordisk asks you for some information directly, such as the personal data that is needed to register for SaxendaCare®. Providing this personal data is voluntary. Refusal to provide your personal data will not in any way impact your access to any medical product. However, if you do not consent to provide your personal data, you will not be able to participate in SaxendaCare®. The Personal Data Consent and Information Notice provides details on how we use and disclose this data, as well as your rights to access, correct, and delete your personal data. You must review this Notice and provide consent before registering for SaxendaCare®.
Information collected automatically
Novo Nordisk also collects certain information from you automatically to improve the content of the SaxendaCare® website, to enhance user experience for this website, to customize the content and/or layout of the website, and to provide the services required by an individual user. All information collected automatically is stored in an aggregate form and cannot be used to identify you as a specific individual.
Information we collect automatically:
- First party Cookie support (whether you allow us to place a cookie on your computer)
- Visitor ID (provided by a cookie we place on your computer when possible)
- Referrer (i.e., where you came from, e.g., google.com)
- Date and time of visit
- Regional and language settings (to determine which country you are in)
- Operating System (Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Browser & Browser Version (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.)
- Screen Resolution (1280x1024, 1024x768, etc.)
- Java support
- IP address (your computer's address on the internet)
- The title of the page you are viewing
- The URL of the page you are viewing
- PDF Downloads
- Visited external links
- Mail tracking, all programme e-mails are uniquely identifiable
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or
mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able
to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique
to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such
as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers.
It allows a website to remember things like your preferences—e.g.,
choice of language.
- Strictly necessary cookies; Cookies that are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Functionality cookies; Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the website to you.
- Performance cookies; Performance cookies are used across Novo Nordisk websites for internal purposes to help us to provide you with a better user experience. Information supplied by these cookies helps us to understand how our visitors use novonordisk.com so that we can improve how we present our content to you.
You can learn more about cookies in general here.
Novo Nordisk takes protecting your personal data very seriously and complies strictly with the provisions of data protection laws. Personal data is collected on this website only to the extent required. Under no circumstances is the collected data sold on to third parties for any reason.
Please contact Customer Care at 1-800-465-4334 with any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal data through the SaxendaCare® website.
The Website provides selected information of diseases and their treatment. Such information is not intended as medical advice. Such information is not a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional. If you have any questions regarding your health, you should consult your general practitioner or other qualified health provider.
Information provided "as is"
The information on this site is provided "as is" and Novo Nordisk makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Novo Nordisk makes no representations or warranties of any kind as to the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, availability, functionality, and compliance with applicable laws. By using this Website you accept the risk that the information may be incomplete or inaccurate or may not meet your needs or requirements.
Neither Novo Nordisk nor our content providers shall be liable for
any damages or injury arising out of your access to, or inability to
access, this Website or from your reliance on any information provided
herein. Novo Nordisk disclaims any and all liability for direct,
indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, and special or other
damages, lost opportunities, lost profit or any other loss or damages
of any kind.
This limitation includes damages or any viruses which may affect your computer equipment.
Links to other sites
This Website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Novo Nordisk, please be aware that we are not responsible for or have control over the privacy policies of these sites. This privacy statement applies only to information gathered on this site. We strongly encourage you to read the privacy statements of every site you visit that gathers personally identifiable information.
Novo Nordisk does not endorse websites linking to Novo Nordisk sites. Novo Nordisk is not responsible for content on these linked sites or for control over information that users may choose to provide to these sites.
Novo Nordisk reserves its right to alter, modify, substitute or delete any content of or may restrict access to or discontinue distribution of this Website at any time and at its sole discretion.
Copyright and use of content
The content of this Website is the property of Novo Nordisk and is protected by copyright laws. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and products displayed on this site are protected worldwide, and no use of any of these may be made without the prior written consent of Novo Nordisk.
You are welcome to download the content of this Website, however, only for your personal and non-commercial use. No modification or further reproduction of the contents is permitted. The content may otherwise not be copied or used in any other manner.
Use of questions and comments
Any questions, comments, suggestions or any other communications, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know how you may forward to this site or otherwise to Novo Nordisk, electronically or by any other means, are on a non-confidential basis and will become the property of Novo Nordisk, which Novo Nordisk without restriction may use in any fashion and for any purposes whatsoever to the fullest extent permitted by law including developing, manufacturing and/or marketing goods or services.
Personal Data Consent and Information Notice
Novo Nordisk needs to collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, gender and age range. Also, if you would like to participate in the weight tracker feature, which can be disabled at any point in time, Novo Nordisk will collect information on your weight. Because SaxendaCare® is limited to patients who have been prescribed Saxenda®, your status as a patient will be known to Novo Nordisk.
We get your personal data from the following sources:
- Information collected when you register on the website.
- Information collected when you update your profile information.
- Information collected when you are using the website.
- Information is also collected via the integration with selected fitness trackers.
- Information is collected via cookies.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- The personal data is collected to provide you with access to the SaxendaCare® patient support program and website.
- The information (i.e., traffic, page views, location, device browsing from, etc.) collected on the SaxendaCare® website is further used for anonymous statistical purposes and to further develop and improve the website.
Novo Nordisk will use your personal data only to provide you with services through the SaxendaCare® program. Novo Nordisk will not use your personal data to market its products to you and will not share your personal data with third parties for their own marketing uses.
Novo Nordisk may anonymize and aggregate the data you provide for statistical purposes and to improve the quality of the services provided under SaxendaCare®.
Novo Nordisk employees who maintain the SaxendaCare® website will have access to your personal data. Novo Nordisk may disclose your personal data to service providers appointed by Novo Nordisk to carry out services related to the SaxendaCare® program on behalf of Novo Nordisk.
Personal data collected through this website will be stored on externally-hosted server database in the Netherlands and Ireland. In addition, some service providers are located in the U.S. and will therefore process your personal data in the U.S.
When your personal data is transferred to a service provider
established in the U.S. such service provider will be certified under
the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield which ensures that your personal data will
be adequately protected. When your personal data is transferred to a
service provider established in another country outside of Europe, the
receiver of the personal data has entered into an agreement with Novo
Nordisk, which is based on the European Commission’s Standard Contract
Clauses. You may request a copy of this data transfer agreement
entered into between Novo Nordisk and its service providers by using
the contact information below.
Novo Nordisk will erase your personal data 6 months after your last use of SaxendaCare®.
If you no longer want to be part of SaxendaCare® and would
like your data deleted from our system, you can choose to do this at
any time by clicking the link provided under My Settings. You may also
opt out of receiving emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe
link within any email you receive. This request does take some
processing time before all systems are updated, and during this time
you may receive additional communication.
You have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of your personal data and recipients to whom data is disclosed.
- Obtain prompt correction or any inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Erasure of your data when you dis-enrol from SaxendaCare®.
- Have your personal data deleted or destroyed.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by dis-enrolling from SaxendaCare®.
- Complain here or call 1-800-465-4334.